Saturday, August 13, 2016

What I Did On My Summer Vacation Part 2

After leaving Kazakhstan, I stopped in Florida to visit my sister Denise and her family. Quite a lovely view they have.

We went to St. Augustine, where one of the re-enactors was quite thrilled to have a picture taken with me.
In the first few seconds of this video you can see in the bottom of the wall a lot of holes. I'm told these are bullet holes. Apparently the wall was the site of executions. This is a long video with not much happening. Skip ahead to 3:15.
Sunrise
Not quite dressed for the beach
It was not quite hot and sticky enough, so we traveled to New Orleans, where it was really, really hot! We ate beignets, I ate alligator and crawfish etoufee, catfish and stuffed quail. Yummy! We saw Queen Latifah filming in the French Quarter. We toured museums partly to get into air conditioned comfort.
Horse drawn carriages

Jackson Square

The French Quarter

The Mighty Mississippi River

One of the above ground cemeteries

The WWII Museum - very nice

Jacques-Imo's where the beer is warm, the food is lousy and the service is poor.
Queen Latifah
The last day in Florida, we took the boat out and saw a manatee (we had gone to see the manatees earlier), and a dolphin.

Lots of fun!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! You and Denise look great! So many memories of New Orleans, which was part of Ed's and my honeymoon, and also the start of our Caribbean cruise. Did you like chicory coffee with your beignets? I know Denise doesn't like it, so she brought it to me. LOL

    ReplyDelete